Shadow Bite

A hang out forum, for Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy novels.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
IcyPinkAngel



Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 am

I dun intend to be so mean, but just want people to know that twilight is ridiculously popular. Even Anne Rice's novels don't get herself that 'popular', but if u've read her series, you know that is a great book. It's quite disappointing that the tale of vampire origins is obliterated by the books. I have read all 4 books and watched the movie of twilight. And i still don't think its great. The main reasons why is that a popular series is cos:

1. it is for desperate girls who dream of having such creepy, 'protective', gorgeous boyfriend
2. it has succeeded in getting fan girls to scream when they see Robert Pattinson
3. it is being made into movies by hot actors/actresses
4. it is made up of deep books(400+,500+,600+,700+ pages according to the sequels), and people think it's great, but actually the depth of books doesn't matter at all.
5. it is of contemporary settings and which is made up of vastly teens (eliminated cos it's the same for other great series. so i shan't indirectly criticise them either)
6. the movie is largly supported, advertised and overrated, resulting in curious onlookers(especially girls) who wan to watch just Robert Pattinson
7. the cover and title looks awesome. previously i was attracted to buying the books cos of them.
8. it is a world saturated around romance which nowadays becomes the teens favourite. once the romance captures their attention and fulfilled their desires, they would unconsciously mix the 'romance' in twilight with vampire concepts and thus call it overall well-written, which in fact it doesn't. you can like the books, but u cnt deny the fact that the writing and quality are poor.
9. people haven't read other vampire series.
10. people never usually think out of the box. they never really look into the real components of making a vampire book: suspense(how intense it is? is it some common action scene, unique action scene, or just over too soon?), romance(what would you call it love?does love consists of purely lust?No. Can you deny the fact that lusts plays a major part in twilight? and so does it = love?then can you even call twilight a romance book?), development of protagonist(how far has the main character, as well as other sub characters, developed? how far have they grown throughout the books? Should their attitudes, behaviours, thinkings changed positively and maturely at the end, then you can call it a good book)Moral of the story(i believe every book should teach people to learn sth, even with good and bad points. what do u think twilight has taught you? to go for lust, and not love? mutual respect?(well what do u think?) Dependent?(heyy obviously i'm referring to Bella)Protective?(Like Edward?)Doubtful and lack of faith(Edward and Bella have to constantly tell each other how much they love each other blablabla, and so you know they are in love. Like seriously, if a couple has already joined by heart, would they still need to do that?apparently they didn't understand/ have faith in each other) To stand out differently so that opposite gender can be attracted to you?(man, that is SO WRONG WRONG. Edward is gorgeous and Bella smells good and so they fell in love. What the heck is that?As you can see, young girls are misled into thinking that having a gorgeous boyfriend will do them sth good, or they themselves must look extraoridinary beautiful to satisfy the guys's needs)To be pregnant(to show that the heroine does love the hero, is it really so?) and there's alot alot more negative morals.
11. They thought Bella is realistic cos she's human and has alot of flaws. Mayb that is a yes, but in a story, the heroine MUST rectify her mistakes and improved througt the books. Unfortunately, I didn't see any improvements at all. She's weak(despite the fact that she turned into a vampire at the end,dependent and whiny as usual)
12. people follow people blindly. the constant praising on how good the books are have been drilled into another person, and the latter think the books are good too, since so many people like it. it dulls the correct judgement of the books.
13. Much of the descriptions are redundant. But that it's also why people like them. I mean it adds on to their imagination, don't they?
14. Of cos I can list as much flaws as possibly for the books and movies. I'm just feeling tired of typing so much.

So, twilight haters and those after reading these and suppport me, please do give more abt the negative aspects of Twilight. Twilight fans who want to debate abt this, give me MORE VALID AND STRONG REASONS as to why you like twilight, with respect to the points i listed above.

Last but not least, I love Robert Pattinson too. Yes he's freaking hot. All girls, including me, went gaga over him. But i cnt accept the fact that just cos he's hot, the twilight series should follow that too. I'm not anti-him(Robert)(and never will be). i'm just anti-twilight the book. It doesnt meet my high expectation of a popular vampire books. hope i dun lose you.

PS: if twilight is just like any books that sells normally(like HON, vampire diaries, vampire kisses, blue bloods etc) i would accept that. however, i feel that justice should be done to other vampire books that GENUINELY OUTSHONE TWILIGHT. twilight doesnt deserve that much attention at all just cos of the freaking hot Robert Pattinson. I know, once you like the freaking hot guy in the movie, you will assume the movie is great and alright for you too. Blame the unconsciousness for this. And of cos u can like twilight(everyone has different likes), but..just dun add on too much to the obsessive-ness of the current fans already.. consider that there are more great series out there.. Neutral


Last edited by IcyPinkAngel on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SecretMagic



Posts : 3290
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm a Twilight fan, I recognise there are major flaws in Twilight but can't manage to let them change my mind about it. I do, however, hate parts of the movie and am willing to help you expand your list of negatives within the book. (I know that would seem odd considering I'm a major fan, but I'm not one of those people who get all angry at people for having a different view to me)

Moving off the romance side of things (because I think you covered that pretty well). We were talking about Half-Vampires in the Twilight versus Vampire Academy thread, so forgive me for copy and pasting myself, but I think it's a good negative for the Twilight series.

Quote :
I get annoyed at the possibility of half-vampires in Twilight. At least it was stated right from the beginning in Vampire Academy that vampires can breed. Stephenie Meyer had us all believing that vampires in her world were completely frozen in time, but apparently that was only the case with female vampires, and suddenly we've got Renesmee. It was a twist no-one excepted. And I know the point of a twist is that it wasn't expected, but usually there's some plausibility in the mix.

I wish you luck in your campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivashkov
Admin


Posts : 2412
Join date : 2009-06-12
Location : Hanging out with Mr. Ivashkov

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:04 pm

NOOO!!!! Gosh!!!! I'm sooo F sick of ppl comparing VA to Twilight!!! it has to stop . I a huge fan of both. Twilight Saga the books are awesome the movie suck @$$! VA the books are amazing and I SO wish that it never gets made into a movie!!! . Twilight fan are soooooo F paranoid that it makes ill! I dont want VA fan to be like that. I dont want a cheesy movie to ruin the books! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroux07.deviantart.com/gallery/
SecretMagic



Posts : 3290
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Ivashkov wrote:
NOOO!!!! Gosh!!!! I'm sooo F sick of ppl comparing VA to Twilight!!! it has to stop . I a huge fan of both. Twilight Saga the books are awesome the movie suck @$$! VA the books are amazing and I SO wish that it never gets made into a movie!!! . Twilight fan are soooooo F paranoid that it makes ill! I dont want VA fan to be like that. I dont want a cheesy movie to ruin the books! Crying or Very sad
I don't much like comparing them either. I meant in it a "Richelle Mead creates her world with hardly any flaws at all, setting up the scene with so much detail and attention. Where as I get angry that Stephenie Meyer couldn't be as thorough."
I much prefer to keep one series separate from another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivashkov
Admin


Posts : 2412
Join date : 2009-06-12
Location : Hanging out with Mr. Ivashkov

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Thank you Secret!! Twilight is Twilight , VA is VA!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroux07.deviantart.com/gallery/
Ballroomdancer13



Posts : 487
Join date : 2009-02-20
Location : Toronto

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:43 pm

Quote :
Twilight is Twilight , VA is VA!!
Exactly. I don't think it's right or fair to compare them because they are vastly different.

Quote :
5. it is of contemporary settings and which is made up of vastly teens
This point of yours is quite weak. In case you haven't noticed, VA is also made up of 'vastly teens'. The series takes place at a school For Pete's sake! So is HoN. So is Vampire Diaries. How does this reason hold water as a negative? Unless you're only reading "adult" books like Sookie Stackhouse or the Anne Rice stuff, your argument is weak.
I'm just saying.

Quote :
9. people haven't read other vampire series.
Again, not a very strong point. In fact, it is BECAUSE of Twilight that I read VA, Vampire Diaries, Succubus Series and a few other vampire related books. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Look around this board and you will see many members here started with Twilight. Further, RM herself has said that she doesn't like people trashing SM or others. She said they are not her rivals but her colleagues and she's even read other authors of the genre.

Don't look for me to join this campaign of yours. I liked the books, they brought me pleasure. Sure the movie was a bit cheezy, but you know what? I enjoyed it. It was entertaining. And that's all I look for when I watch a movie or read a book. I want to be entertained. And SM's Twilight did the job.

One other thing, if you want to present coherent and compelling arguments, you should try writing normally and using full words. The 'netspeak' or 'text message' style of writing detracts from what you're trying to say. People won't take you seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivashkov
Admin


Posts : 2412
Join date : 2009-06-12
Location : Hanging out with Mr. Ivashkov

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:20 am

we aren't trying to be bitches or mean....but it needs to stop
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroux07.deviantart.com/gallery/
IcyPinkAngel



Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 am

nono. i dun wish to compare it with other series either. but the genre is still 'vampire' right? so sometimes it gets out of hand when considering the fact that they are all about vampires. ok mayb point 5 is wrong. i'll take back my words for that. i'm lazy to write normally f.y.i. haha.. as i've said.. i'm only pissed off cos other series really deserved to be much more popular. really. just don't wanna see them being neglected. but the truth is they are being neglected. i mean so many ppl said 'twilight is the best!'. it gets sickening..don't u agree?and this campaign well.. i dun think its successful also. i suck at explaining certain things..especially an argument..a thing to take note. mayb u think i'm too crazy for launching a stupid campaign.. that's what i did when i'm really pissed---cnt think properly. pardon me, i know this is a stupid thing to do. so i'd better change the title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballroomdancer13



Posts : 487
Join date : 2009-02-20
Location : Toronto

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't know if I would consider Twilight exactly "Vampire"...I would consider it more 'paranormal romance'. And there are many more books out there that have paranormal beings in them: shapeshifters, demons, etc.

For other series to get attention, you only have to spread the word. Go to other groups...but couch it differently. Go in with, "I have also read xyz series by AB author...they were really good. Has anyone else heard of them?" Don't go in with, "These books are SO MUCH BETTER than Twilight!" You'll only put people's backs up, as you did here. "Anti-" is very strong language and it will cause people to react negatively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:16 am

I agree that twilight is twilight and Va is Va. To me these two series aren't even in the same league thus don't even need comparison. Rm is by far a more experienced writer. I do agree that twilight did get blown way out of proportion though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatavatar



Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-06-30
Age : 29
Location : wouldn't you like to know? *evil smirk*

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 pm

IcyPinkAngel wrote:
I dun intend to be so mean, but just want people to know that twilight is ridiculously popular. Even Anne Rice's novels don't get herself that 'popular', but if u've read her series, you know that is a great book. It's quite disappointing that the tale of vampire origins is obliterated by the books. I have read all 4 books and watched the movie of twilight. And i still don't think its great. The main reasons why is that a popular series is cos:

1. it is for desperate girls who dream of having such creepy, 'protective', gorgeous boyfriend
2. it has succeeded in getting fan girls to scream when they see Robert Pattinson
3. it is being made into movies by hot actors/actresses
4. it is made up of deep books(400+,500+,600+,700+ pages according to the sequels), and people think it's great, but actually the depth of books doesn't matter at all.
5. it is of contemporary settings and which is made up of vastly teens (eliminated cos it's the same for other great series. so i shan't indirectly criticise them either)
6. the movie is largly supported, advertised and overrated, resulting in curious onlookers(especially girls) who wan to watch just Robert Pattinson
7. the cover and title looks awesome. previously i was attracted to buying the books cos of them.
8. it is a world saturated around romance which nowadays becomes the teens favourite. once the romance captures their attention and fulfilled their desires, they would unconsciously mix the 'romance' in twilight with vampire concepts and thus call it overall well-written, which in fact it doesn't. you can like the books, but u cnt deny the fact that the writing and quality are poor.
9. people haven't read other vampire series.
10. people never usually think out of the box. they never really look into the real components of making a vampire book: suspense(how intense it is? is it some common action scene, unique action scene, or just over too soon?), romance(what would you call it love?does love consists of purely lust?No. Can you deny the fact that lusts plays a major part in twilight? and so does it = love?then can you even call twilight a romance book?), development of protagonist(how far has the main character, as well as other sub characters, developed? how far have they grown throughout the books? Should their attitudes, behaviours, thinkings changed positively and maturely at the end, then you can call it a good book)Moral of the story(i believe every book should teach people to learn sth, even with good and bad points. what do u think twilight has taught you? to go for lust, and not love? mutual respect?(well what do u think?) Dependent?(heyy obviously i'm referring to Bella)Protective?(Like Edward?)Doubtful and lack of faith(Edward and Bella have to constantly tell each other how much they love each other blablabla, and so you know they are in love. Like seriously, if a couple has already joined by heart, would they still need to do that?apparently they didn't understand/ have faith in each other) To stand out differently so that opposite gender can be attracted to you?(man, that is SO WRONG WRONG. Edward is gorgeous and Bella smells good and so they fell in love. What the heck is that?As you can see, young girls are misled into thinking that having a gorgeous boyfriend will do them sth good, or they themselves must look extraoridinary beautiful to satisfy the guys's needs)To be pregnant(to show that the heroine does love the hero, is it really so?) and there's alot alot more negative morals.
11. They thought Bella is realistic cos she's human and has alot of flaws. Mayb that is a yes, but in a story, the heroine MUST rectify her mistakes and improved througt the books. Unfortunately, I didn't see any improvements at all. She's weak(despite the fact that she turned into a vampire at the end,dependent and whiny as usual)
12. people follow people blindly. the constant praising on how good the books are have been drilled into another person, and the latter think the books are good too, since so many people like it. it dulls the correct judgement of the books.
13. Much of the descriptions are redundant. But that it's also why people like them. I mean it adds on to their imagination, don't they?
14. Of cos I can list as much flaws as possibly for the books and movies. I'm just feeling tired of typing so much.

So, twilight haters and those after reading these and suppport me, please do give more abt the negative aspects of Twilight. Twilight fans who want to debate abt this, give me MORE VALID AND STRONG REASONS as to why you like twilight, with respect to the points i listed above.

Last but not least, I love Robert Pattinson too. Yes he's freaking hot. All girls, including me, went gaga over him. But i cnt accept the fact that just cos he's hot, the twilight series should follow that too. I'm not anti-him(Robert)(and never will be). i'm just anti-twilight the book. It doesnt meet my high expectation of a popular vampire books. hope i dun lose you.

PS: if twilight is just like any books that sells normally(like HON, vampire diaries, vampire kisses, blue bloods etc) i would accept that. however, i feel that justice should be done to other vampire books that GENUINELY OUTSHONE TWILIGHT. twilight doesnt deserve that much attention at all just cos of the freaking hot Robert Pattinson. I know, once you like the freaking hot guy in the movie, you will assume the movie is great and alright for you too. Blame the unconsciousness for this. And of cos u can like twilight(everyone has different likes), but..just dun add on too much to the obsessive-ness of the current fans already.. consider that there are more great series out there.. Neutral


I LOVE YOU!!! you tell it like it is and i love you!! *totally platonic!!!* lol!

Say hello to a fellow twilight hater. lol!

essa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 am

Why would Twilight, out of all the novels with vampires on them, lack a lady who feels like an angel, who's probably an angel who's trapped in the body of someone with vampiric blood in her veins, as opposed to the Vampire Academy novels? Crying or Very sad No

I feel like i have to sulk, right now, guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 pm

huh? sorry I read your post over a few times and I'm not quite sure what you meant?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 am

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
huh? sorry I read your post over a few times and I'm not quite sure what you meant?

I was talking about someone along the lines of Angel Princess Lissa Dragomir, Jill. Crying or Very sad
That's just mean-spirited of the Twilight novels, to not have an angel lady at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

OKAY GOTCHA. YEAH I AGREE. bUT TO SOME EXTENT SM TRIED TO PORTRAY THAT IN THE CULLENS, BUT WELL SHE FAILED IN THAT ATTEMPT. THEY ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE WRONGFULLY TURNED. THE CULLENS STRIVE TO BE NOBLE RIGHTEOUS VAMPIRES WHO BELIEVED IN HEAVEN, BUT BELIEVED THEIR WERE DAMNED FOR THE MOST PART CARLISLE AND EDWARD AS IT TURNED OUT STILL WANTED TO HAVE HOPE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
OKAY GOTCHA. YEAH I AGREE. bUT TO SOME EXTENT SM TRIED TO PORTRAY THAT IN THE CULLENS, BUT WELL SHE FAILED IN THAT ATTEMPT. THEY ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE WRONGFULLY TURNED. THE CULLENS STRIVE TO BE NOBLE RIGHTEOUS VAMPIRES WHO BELIEVED IN HEAVEN, BUT BELIEVED THEIR WERE DAMNED FOR THE MOST PART CARLISLE AND EDWARD AS IT TURNED OUT STILL WANTED TO HAVE HOPE.

But apart from those two, the concepts were executed, poorly, for the most part, weren't they? No
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah that's because she's not a good author. A good author shows you not dictates characteristics. SM'S characters are two dimensional at the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 pm

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
Yeah that's because she's not a good author. A good author shows you not dictates characteristics. SM'S characters are two dimensional at the most.

Basically, remove Edward and Carlisle, or even Jacob Black, for that matter, and you might have removed the only ones whose personalities are actually 3-dimensional, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 am

I agree with you only about Carlisle and Jacob though. Edward doesn't show anything he just tells you what he's feeling. It's lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 am

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
I agree with you only about Carlisle and Jacob though. Edward doesn't show anything he just tells you what he's feeling. It's lame.

I can't believe that the concepts of the Twilight novels turned out to be mismanaged, that badly!!! Shocked

At least when it came to the world of Percy Jackson And The Olympians, say what you will about the length of the novels, themselves, but they had alot of character-development, and if they had more pages on them than what they had, the development would have been explored, more, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 pm

I don't know about that. The amount aof pages means nothing if an author doesnn't know how to fill them correctly. Sm has a way of writing a whole lot of nothingness, loosly based around her main characters. Or should I say character. I think if she had more pages in her books we would still have the same result as we do now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:10 pm

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
I don't know about that. The amount aof pages means nothing if an author doesnn't know how to fill them correctly. Sm has a way of writing a whole lot of nothingness, loosly based around her main characters. Or should I say character. I think if she had more pages in her books we would still have the same result as we do now.

I was talking about Riordan's results, Jill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:12 pm

oh yeah I know, but I was just saying yeah that worked great for those but that, that isn't always the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616



Posts : 3000
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 24
Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Like when New Moon felt heavier than O.O.T.P, for all the wrong reasons, for instance, Jill? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL



Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 32
Location : lakewood co.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 pm

precisely No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Today at 1:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Affordable EYE-POPPING / ATTENTION-GRABBING Book Covers!
» WTB OR TRADE Twilight sentnel
» Twilight Deck
» Twilight Fairy
» Twilight Dragons - Sept. 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Bite :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: