Shadow Bite

A hang out forum, for Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy novels.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Tonystark616

Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:13 pm

JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL wrote:
I don't know I've been thinking Twilight does deserve some credit, after all.

Really how many vampire books or movies can we say failed in epic proportions?

Or how many actually win in decent-to-massive proportions, for that matter?

I'd say there's now more fail than there is win, lately.

[That's coming from a guy who finds both Star Trek and Star Wars to each be filled with epic win, along with StarGate and BattleStar:Galactica(Even though it hurts my brain from confusion!)]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwartsstudents.darkbb.com/forum.htm
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 pm

depends on how you look at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616

Location : At the Cosmic Era or at the Anno Domini Era, trying to ask Kira Yamato or Athrun Zala, or for that matter, Celestial Being to come in to kill the Volturi.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:11 pm

depends on how you look at it.

You mean Galactica, or the amount of fail that infected the Vampire Sub-Genre?
Back to top Go down
Tonystark616

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Grand news for us all!

The Lightning Thief movie has better reception than what New Moon has!

The weak news?Well, New Moon's still grossing about hundred-millions of bucks!
Back to top Go down
JILL-JILLIAN-JUST JILL

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:53 am

Tonystark616 wrote:
Grand news for us all!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace love n VA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:32 pm

i feel slightly bad because I haven't go to the movies to see PJO yet. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonystark616

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Tonystark616 wrote:
Grand news for us all!

We need to take the matters in a lot of baby steps, before it could be safe to hope that T.L.T could get Camp Half-Blood to make like the Desert Rats, Jill?
Back to top Go down
Tonystark616

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:28 am

Jill, would it be even better to imagine someone like King Arthur Pendragon, descendant of Aeneas of Troy[Silena Beauregard's half-brother who founded Roman Culture, but not Rome, itself?] cleansing the fail out of House of Night and the Twilight Zone[hopefully without it even ending up with Emmett winding up like Hector of Troy, Aeneas' cousin and one of his brothers-in-law from his first wife and cousin, Princess Creusa, in which Hector got killed by Achilles?(Emmett should have been in a better series, along with Jacob, he reminded me of Hector, who was more bad@ssed than Paris, except Paris actually tried to give Helen the respect she deserved!)] until its fully cleansed and bled out of the fail, while also generating a healthy vein of bad@ss normals among the humans?
Back to top Go down
Tonystark616

PostSubject: But what about King Arthur's legacy?   Mon May 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Are you saying the half blood camp vs Hogwarts because those are two totally different story lines wizards versus Greek gods/myths. That's like comparing twilight ad vampire Academy public high school were vampires intermingle amongst humans or Va were there are moroi and Dhampirs and the complexity of their race amongst strigoi. Two totally different books all together. If the cullens existed in the Va world they would be strigoi that's it. Va delves into politics and the social aspect amongst their kind Royal non royal Out castes royal (Ozera's, Victor Dashkov) And Dhampir, however wrong/ corrupt it is. IN twilight all you have are the self appointed Volturi who lead through intimidation. There is no complexity to the system in twilight there is no system, nothing in that serious makes sense and that is how the vampire race lives or exists or what ever it is they do. I can not call va and Twilight similar because they are not nor is Harry potter there is nothing that relates just as percy Jackson and the Olympians. They are all individual stories with their own qualities I agree that some are more well written that others and some have more to offer than others but they are all different in their own way to appeal to their readers. Personally I like the variety and endless creativity between authors and when I read a book that is lacking (uughhmm SM) originality it is disappointing. I will agree that that particular series was seriously lacking in all degrees such great potential wasted and yet it gets so much praise that really urges me. But what can you do? Yes Rick could do a better job at writing the battle scenes but then again if Rick wrote twilight Everything would have been written better and the series would have been polished and perfect. Whats done is done though and SM would never allow someone else to show her up in her own series she's kind of a egotistical know it all B****! from what I hear. She can not take constructive criticism.

What about King Arthur's Legacy, when it comes to both the Potter-World and Camp Half-Blood, considering that Arthur Pendragon himself was descended from Olympian Demigods, while the Potter-World had Merlin among them?
That's an exception the the general rule you mentioned, right?
Back to top Go down
Tonystark616

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 am

So anyone heard the shocking news that Renesmee's been casted?
Back to top Go down
ShadowKissedByDimka

Location : Country: Australia. State:WhoTheHellAreYouVille? Town: AndWhyAreYouAskingMeWhereILiveCity?

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:44 pm

my opinion???

TWILIGHT TOOK VA'S FAME!!! AND FOR THAT, IT SHOULD DIE PAINFULLY!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Little Taco

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 pm

speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElaBella

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 pm

VA hasn't had a film out yet...just wait and see...once that book is on our massive cinema screens, Twilight will be no where near a girl's mind! VA has Dimitri and Adrian...Twilight has Robert Pattison and Jacob Black (Jacob is deffo the best one when topless!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.conniefisherforum.co.uk/
Tania Belikova

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

^ Hahaha, that is so true! Taylor Lautner has a better shirtless body! >.< And, yeah, once they make the movie, most of the Twilight fans will be into VA. Trust me, I am!!!!! I used to re-read the Twilight series; now, I re-read VA! Razz Also, I'm reading The Morganville Vampires and the Fallen series! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElaBella

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I haven't read any Twilight books but seen all 3 of the films that are out. I loved them...but VA will so much more to me if they make the movies amazing and not shit actors in it to act the characters.
Back to top Go down
L.Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Why the hell is it taking studios so long to decide on VA.
Some complusion would be useful right about now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElaBella

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:23 am

It takes a long time to actually find a set for them...and then they'll have to find the right cast for the film...it'll take at least 1-3 years to make this film.
Back to top Go down
Tonystark616

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 am

I am still waiting on the general Moroi Society to start being the badasses their ancestors were, and hopefully see if they can actually correct their ancestors' mistakes, for that matter.

At any rate, at least the fail-fest may be having a visible end, right?
Back to top Go down
L.Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Anyone read the ultimate guide. Found it hiding in the corner of my usual book store.
VA and Morganville were the main displays. Times have changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Taco

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

i believes in JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i want mii own werewolf)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...   

Back to top Go down

Twilight doesnt deserve to have so much attention...*sigh*...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15